Design Philosophy

Why and How We Work

Design Ethos

VICENZI explores ways to make beautiful and thoughtful things, to help humans and nature connect and live as one. We started this company as a project dedicated to mapping out a circular design ecosystem. Sustainability is a philosophy and a commitment; circular design is a specific path forward.

Our directive is as follows.


Clothing is our tool for connection. We create essential styles, power pieces made from natural renewable materials. 100% of our materials are reusable, at least 95% are regenerative and biodegradable, and the remaining 5% is mixed stock sourced from the secondhand market and luxury designer remnants.

We believe elegance is beauty from simplicity – our garments were designed to streamline care, tailoring, mending, and ultimately disassembly for re-cycling through the ecosystem.


We vow to make all of our garments and gear here in the USA. Blazer Nº1 is produced in New York City. To minimize the carbon footprint of our garments and their individual components, we minimize resources used in the designs, produce in limited runs, and monitor the production line to save any excess materials and scraps for reuse (zero-waste design). Even the smallest scrap has potential for a creative and useful purpose. We work diligently to ensure materials aren’t sent to landfills. Learn more.


We sell directly to clients and friends through our webstore, pop-up experiences, and local marketplaces. VICENZI Blazer Nº1 is available exclusively at The Canvas, New York’s leading sustainable fashion hub, located on Bowery Ave in Manhattan and in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, a few blocks from the Bedford L stop. We partner with peer-to-peer rental app Wardrobe so you can borrow Blazer Nº1 and Allison’s vintage collection anywhere in the USA.

If you are interested in placing a purchase order (12 units or more), or becoming a selected retail or e-commerce stockist in the future, please contact us for pricing and order times.

Wear, Care, Repair:

To extend useful life spans, we educate about care and maintenance of garments (clotheskeeping and mending) and share ideas among our community to promote continued use and reuse of garments. Follow us on Instagram for the latest workshop announcements or to ask about solutions for your garment conundrums.

We offer service and repair for garments we produce and sell.

Reuse & Recycle:

We buy back, restore, and resell garments at fair market rates when clients no longer need them for any reason. We disassemble and recycle the materials to rebuild new garments or gear when repair/resale are no longer the most practical solutions. Our mission is to inspire creative reuse and problem solving, ensuring garments and components are kept in circulation instead of landfills. Learn more.


We will continue learning, playing, creating, and sharing in perpetual pursuit of solutions – for ourselves, and for the industry as a whole. We’re always seeking new ways to celebrate the natural world and the interdependence of all living things.

We believe in asking questions and finding answers. We believe in seeing for yourself. We believe anything is possible. We think the strongest solutions come from unbounded exploration, when we allow ourselves to believe our boldest, wackiest ideas…just might work.

By allison v.

Designer and DIY'er in Detroit by way of NYC

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: